Sunday, March 1, 2009

Scrambled Eggs 3 different ways.

Most people love scrambled eggs and I've never quite had eggs turn out how I want them to. So one day I tried several different variations of them, and several different ways just to make them and I figured out the best ways. I found that using a wood spoon during the cooking process fluffs them up the most, and I read once that chemically the less milk you use the more moist the eggs will be in the end, and that's true.


- Ingredients
- 6 eggs ( I like extra-large eggs, I think that their a better value )
- 3 tablespoons of milk ( whole milk is best )
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/2 a teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper
- Butter


- Egg recipe #1
- Combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Whisk together until combined. In a medium pan melt one tablespoon of butter, and add the egg mixture. Cook until desired doneness. Turn of heat and add another tablespoon of butter. ( this keeps them moist )
- Serve hot


- Egg recipe #2
- Ingredients above plus:
- 1/4 cup of sharp cheese ( you can use any cheese you want, but make sure it's really good )
- 3 thick cut slices of bacon ( I really like Hormel's Black Label )
- Combine eggs,milk, salt ( depedning on how salty your bacon is you may want to add less ), pepper, and half the cheese in a medium bowl and whisk together. Cook bacon until crispy, and set aside. In that same pan add the egg mixture and cook until desired doneness. Add the bacon that you've crumbled , and turn off the heat. Add the cheese on top of the eggs, and wait until the cheese is melted some and serve.
- Serve hot



- Egg recipe #3
- Ingredients above plus:
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoon of fresh dill
-Combine eggs, milk, salt, pepper and whisk together. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a medium pan, and add egg mixture. Cook until desired doneness. Turn off the heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter, and the 2 tablespoons of parsley, and dill.
- Serve hot

2 comments:

  1. Well I'm happy that you think that they sound good. I'm also happy that you checked out my blog, please tell other people about my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete